Sunday, February 27, 2011

So Don't Pretend To Not Love Me At All

Larger than life,
farther than the skies.
A wish blown to the wind,
across the land it flies.

A wish for love,
a wish for a dream;
stitched with intense care,
into my every heart seam.

Your smile fades with time,
the words are soon lost.
Every moment, every detail:
into a corner they are tossed.

Love blinds us from reality,
and the truth of eventual pain.
Looking beyond imperfections,
delusional feelings are the gain.

I looked into your eyes,
and I believed what I saw.
I saw life, light, and true love,
But influence was your one and greatest flaw.

The mistakes I've made
I won't soon let go.
I still picture your wounded face,
lacking its natural hope and glow.

I can still picture my own,
when you broke me apart.
Confusion, hurt, denial, and anger;
I had lost all the warmth in my heart.

I don't know how to move on.
I don't know how not to care
when I hear of others taking my place,
when I used to never have to share.

I will never forget you,
and if you need me I will still be there;
right beside you, holding your hand,
because hard as I try, I can't seem to not care.

"Just don't stand there and watch me fall."
-Pink

No comments:

Post a Comment