Monday, June 27, 2011

We're Gonna Be The Ones Left Standing

I believe in love. I believe in second chances. I believe in third chances. I believe in fourth chances. I believe that, after a while, it is time to give up. I believe in fate. I believe everything happens for a reason. I believe in singing at the top of your lungs when no one is around. I believe there are no coincidences. I believe things happen at a certain time in your life to remind you what is most important to you and what you are fighting for. I believe that it's alright to love someone who doesn't love you back, as long as they deserve it. I believe in screaming that you see a butterfly...at 16 years old. I believe in running away from the ocean shore as the cold water rushes closer and closer to your toes. I believe in giving people a chance. I believe that crying is the best way to let it all out. I believe that there is nothing more painful than heartbreak, no matter what weapon is used on you. I believe people come into your life when you especially need them, so there's no need to wonder where the hell they were when you thought you were at your lowest. I believe that the anger that is so strong you feel like you could strangle somebody is not worth your time. I believe in holding grudges...for a day. I believe in having music on your iPod that you know you'd be teased about but who the fuck cares? I believe in dancing to random songs when you're alone in your room because if you can't be yourself in your sanctuary, you can't be yourself anywhere. I believe in pretending to be somebody highly important because there's nothing as powerful as the wishes of one's mind. I believe in blowing on dandelions but knowing that, if you can't blow all of the flowers off with one breath, your wish won't come true. I believe in 11:11 and closing your eyes as tight as you can as you wish for the impossible. I believe that dreams, wishes, imagination, and the visions of your unconscious mind are the most powerful senses. I believe that every single dream you have once you lay your head on your pillow has a meaning. I believe your dreams tell you exactly what and who you want, and if you can achieve it. I believe in feeling your stomach drop, your face light up, and breaking into an unexplainable smile when you receive a text from a crush. I believe you and I can do anything we set our minds to. Because I believe in youth, comfort food, hope, hugs, innocent kisses, purity, books, tanning, feeling beautiful, rolling your eyes, bracelets and necklaces, 17 magazine, horoscopes, music, roses in clear vases, sunglasses, crushes, little sisters, laughing, and above all, turning your impractical daydreams into a beautiful reality. You are the future, you are beautiful, you are everything and anything that you want to be, you just have to believe that you can attain it. Keep your head up, keep your faith in yourself, and always, always keep fucking fighting even when, especially when, it's easier to lay down your armor and surrender.

No comments:

Post a Comment