Wednesday, January 25, 2012

You've Been Praying For A Remedy

You never miss a good thing until it's gone, now I want it all back.
What have I done, my sweetest friend? 
Everyone I know goes away in the end.
Now everything isn't everything, if everything isn't with you.
If there is a green light and it's about to turn yellow, pedal to the floor because I know your heart is turning red.
How do I forget you if the memories resurface?
How do I make your name a poison when it tastes so sweet on my tongue?
How do I let you go if every time I try, I grab hold tighter?
How do I tell myself you don't care if you act like you do?
How do I act like you're not important when the mention of you flips me inside out?
How do I deal with the fact that it's been a full week?
How do I possibly fall out of love with you when I couldn't even control myself falling in love with you?
Why doesn't anyone have any words of wisdom?
I believe I've waited long enough.
Oh dear, where have you gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment