Sunday, June 16, 2013

Crowned

Go into the night, go until you're out of sight and you're out of my mind. Run when the rhythms right, go into the night. Floating as the river flows, easy as it goes to the ocean. So walk on by. I've got no reason to love you, but I do. I do. You're showing me colors of the sky, but all I see is gray. You lost me when you lied. Promise me but you never try. Secrets in your eyes. You go and run, I'll hide. I don't ever want to be crowned just another prize. Lost in the midnight blue shadows of the moon. I'm here with open arms for you, feeling something so new. Said with me you'd reach the sun, but we were so young. Love me until the summer's done, but keep me in your heart so I hold on. Shook me to the ground and somehow I feel like you don't know me. Brought me to a life that you never showed me, coming from a locked up ghost of yourself. But you're coming from the light. There's more to you then you ever thought there was.

No comments:

Post a Comment