Friday, September 16, 2011

"I Love You, Hold On To That. Never Let That Go."

A drop in the ocean, a change in the weather, I was praying that you and me might end up together. It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert, but I'm holding you closer than most 'cause you are my heaven.
I don't wanna waste the weekend. If you don't love me, pretend a few more hours, then it's time to go. And as my train rolls down the East coast, I wonder how you keep warm. It's too late to cry, too broken to move on.
Still I can't let you be, most nights I hardly sleep. Don't take what you don't need from me. Misplaced trust and old friends, never counting the regrets. By the grace of God, I do not rest at all, and New England as the leaves change. The last excuse that I'll claim, I was a girl who loved a man like a little girl.
It's just a drop in the ocean, a change in the weather. I was praying that you and me might end up together. It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert, but I'm holding you closer than most 'cause you are my heaven.
You are my heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment