Friday, October 14, 2011

Longing

Back in '08, I met a brown-eyed boy who called me pretty. He'd walk every day, couple miles out of his way to hold my hand and keep me company. They all said "Don't call it love at 14."
But he gave me his picture in a locket that I wore around my neck. Left it right beside my heart so I would not forget the way it felt when he held my hand. And I swore that I would never take it off. And the butterflies I felt said it all. I was falling for the boy inside my locket.
But standing in the pouring rain, I cried as I watched him ride away. But everyday, I had his picture in a locket that I wore around my neck. Left it right beside my heart so I would not forget the way his kiss tasted on my lips. And everyday felt like a lifetime with him gone, and I prayed that God would bring him safely home. Cause I made a promise to the boy inside my locket.

Only a few years we had together, but he's been gone for a couple now. And it breaks my heart to struggle to remember. But I've been writing all my memories down.

No comments:

Post a Comment