Wednesday, February 1, 2012

You Lift Me Up

We wade through the water together, in our element. The crab and the fish. The fish and the crab. When we wash up on the shore, we gasp for air. Not because we can't breathe, but because of the intense happiness that we feel. I laugh once. Just a short laugh. I had believed that we would never hold each other again. And here we are, as if nothing has changed. You stroke my hair away from my face. The damp strands cling to my face anyway. I close my eyes just for a moment. I can feel the drops on my lashes. They're heavy. A cool breeze blows the drops off of my face. Your breath is like a spring breeze, a typhoon, a hurricane. It calms me. It intrigues me. It destroys me. But what would I do if I was never able to feel your breath again?

No comments:

Post a Comment