Monday, December 17, 2012

Rescue

My dress is torn, you have a black eye you got from a giving kind. But your coat is big and I am warm; I'll ask if I can walk you home. Grey like the gravel under our shoes, the sky doesn't clarify. Simple is something of a mystery, no longer making sense to me. Got a gun and an eagle's eye, but would like somewhere safe to hide. You've got a reason and so have I. I am the heat in an empty room, the cold coming through the walls. Your sofa's old, but I am new and there is better on the brew. My breath is soft, your hands are unlocked, unmanned and un-vertical. I feel strings without the black and blues, a weekend in a weekday's shoes. I'm gonna rescue you so you can rescue me, too. Make it a rendezvous. I got my best dress on and you've got a smile and a bruise, so come and rescue me and me you.

No comments:

Post a Comment