Sunday, December 2, 2012

You're My Favorite Scar

You're not him, though I try to see you differently. I tow the line, you see, I'm searching for what  used to be mine. And I saw your eyes, and I saw Anthony staring back at me. So I will try to find another one who suited me as well as him. I've moved far away from you and I want to see you here beside me, dear. He was mine. I was his and all that's in between. If he would cry, I would shelter him and keep him from the darkness that will be if I moved far away from you. Don't drop me in. It's not my turn. If you cut deep, then I might learn that you scarred and left me like a sunburn. But things aren't clear when we never even tried, we never even talked. We never even thought in the long run, whenever it was painful, whenever I was away, I'd miss you. And I miss you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment