Monday, July 8, 2013

I AM LOVELY. So Get Off My Case, Mom

I don't wanna be her; I just want to be little old me. I shouldn't have to think, "Who am I supposed to be today, and what gave you the right to tell me who I should be?" Who gave you that right? Because I feel lovely just the way that I am. I know you want the best, only good things for me. But you have to realize that I can't be all these things you project on me. Because I'm beautiful to me. Doesn't that mean a thing? I feel lovely just the way that I am. I need that to be enough for you, because it's enough for me. Am I supposed to give up everything I am just to make you happy? I thought I was the one you always wanted me to be. It turns out I'm just little old me, and that's fine by me. Because I am lovely just the way that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment