Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Avoidance

Tell me the wars you're fighting behind the smile you're hiding, and all the things I know you want to say. We tried our best to find us, but there are no lights to guide us. I can't sleep beside a stranger now. Piece by piece we fall apart, with every beat slows down my heart. I've tried hard to remember that this prison cell used to be a shelter, now we're just looking for the best way out. I can't fight you anymore. You're already one foot out the door. And this is the face of letting go. And these are the things we already know. So I'll just say what you won't say. And I'll take the blame if it's for your sake. No turning back on what you can't save. We're so far gone.
"I don't know why we put things off, but if I had to guess, I'd say it had a lot to do with fear. Fear of failure. Fear of pain. Fear of rejection."


No comments:

Post a Comment