Friday, May 17, 2013

In Case

Pictures in my pocket are faded from the washer; I can barely just make out your face. Food you saved for later in my refrigerator, it's been too long since later never came. I know one day eventually, I'll have to let it all go. But I keep it just in case. In case you don't find what you're looking for, in case you're missing what you had before, in case you change your mind, I'll be waiting here. In case you just want to come home. Strong enough to leave you, but weak enough to need you. Cared enough to let you walk away. In case you're looking in that mirror one day and miss my arms, how they wrapped around you. I say that you can love me again even if it isn't the case.

See, you're calling again. I don't wanna pick up. I've been laying in bed, probably thinking too much. Sorry I'm not sorry for the times I don't reply; you know the reason why. Maybe you shouldn't come back to me. Tired of getting so mad, baby. Stop right now, you'll only let me down. Trying not to forget should be easier than this. Maybe you shouldn't come back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment