Friday, February 22, 2013

And I See The Sign


I've had better days than this. Words trip like untied shoelaces; still you're worth falling down for once in a while And I'm disinclined to admit, with you and I this could be it. And something's telling me we'll know before too long. I tried reading tea leaves and the stars in all the days we were apart. Maybe my mind wasn't made up, but I chose love. Still I'm inclined to admit, with you and I this might be it. These failed predictions kept us wondering all the time. I never want to let you down, so why not cut these strings before we hit the ground? And now you're out there on your own, these tangled lines all come undone. Tell me how it feels letting go. You try your luck in your best suit, tied to a broken parachute. It's the hole in my heart you fell through. If you say I'm wrong, I'll say you're wrong. But no one has to be right. And if you say you're wrong, I'll say I'm wrong. Nothing could be worth this fight. We try our luck, not our strong suit. We can't give up this parachute.

No comments:

Post a Comment