Monday, February 25, 2013

But Only On My Own

On my own, pretending he's beside me. All alone, I walk with him until morning. Without him, I feel his arms around me. And when I lose my way, I close my eyes and he has found me. In the rain the pavement shines like silver; all the lights are misty in the river. In the darkness, the trees are full of starlight. And all I see is him and me forever and forever. And I know it's only in my mind that I'm talking to myself and not to him. And although I know that he is blind, still I say there's a way for us. I love him, but when the night is over he is gone. The river's just a river without him. The world around me changes; the trees are bare and everywhere the streets are full of strangers. I love him, but every day I'm learning all my life I've only been pretending. Without me his world will go on turning; a world that's full of happiness that I have never known. I love him. I love him. I love him, but only on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment