Saturday, March 23, 2013

Marionette


They're taught to tell the truth. They're taught to force a smile. They lead us down the road, but they can only see a mile. We only see what they want us to see. They line us up in uniforms and tell us not to feel. They've never been to heaven, but they tell us that it's real. They only see what they wanna see. We watch them pray down on their knees because that's the way they were taught to be. And thanks to them, we can be free. Thanks to them, we have the key. You'll be you and I'll be me. They say that they're not puppets and then we point them to the strings; convinced us they're together by the paper and the ring. They can't see what we want them to see. So tell me all your secrets and I'll tell you all my fears, because if we knock these walls down we might know why we're here.

No comments:

Post a Comment