Sunday, March 3, 2013

Praying Like A Fool

"When I thought it'd all been done, when I thought it'd all been said: a little bit longer, and I'll be fine."
You don't even know. An old picture where you still are frozen in the innocent boy whose heart I captured and claimed as my own. And destroyed. I saw it and went back. I felt the old anxiousness and insecurity and curiosity. I felt your warm arms and a familiarly foreign jacket and burning lips and sweaty palms. I felt my heart leap at the lighting up of my phone screen and the jitters of knowing I would see you. I felt calm. I felt you. I can't claim that I know how I feel about you. I don't know anything. But I want the answers. And when I have them, I swear, I'll never ask the questions again. Even if I don't like the answers. Even if they absolutely break my heart. Life will, life does, go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment