Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Road Less Traveled By

White knuckles and sweaty palms from hanging on too tight. Clench a jaw, I've got another headache again tonight. Eyes on fire, and I burn from all the tears.
I'm not ready. There's too much to say goodbye to. And you. How could I ever?
"When faced with two choices, simply flip a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you, but because in that brief moment when the coin is in the air, you suddenly know what you are hoping for."

How am I supposed to choose? Too much pressure. Too much. It's too much. I can't. Like the pressure of the ocean, leagues and leagues below the surface. Dark and I can't make out anything. When I finally grab hold of something, I release it and frantically swim away, for fear that the unknown object will be my demise. I don't know how I got here. Or what I'm looking for. Or what I want. Or how I'm still breathing. But I am. And I can only assume that I am supposed to find something. And keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment