Thursday, August 9, 2012

You And Your Pep Talks


I just ask that you don't speak to me. Just stop speaking. You talk far too much.

When I get mad, I throw things. You made me mad. I threw something.
You all know how to make someone feel spectacular about themselves.
I'm mad as a hatter, thin as a dime. Or a mountain. Same difference.
I'm in transition. I will never forgive any of you. I wasn't wired to be able to forgive and forget. Just to remember and grudge.
I know where I want to go. Far from you.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." -Edgar Allen Poe
Is anybody out there? Is anybody listening? Does anybody really know if it's the end of our beginning? A crush, a rush from one breath is all we're waiting for. Sometimes the one we're taking changes every one before. Sometimes we're holding angels and we never even know. Don't know if we'll make it, but we know we just can't let it show. It's everything you wanted; it's everything you don't. It's one door swinging open and one door swinging closed. Some prayers find an answer; some prayers never know. We're holding on and letting go. I'm letting go.

No comments:

Post a Comment