Friday, October 19, 2012

Rings

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." -Friedrich Nietzsche

It's hard to imagine a world in which it isn't completely obvious how I feel about you. But I guess that is how you feel. I know that I would do anything to be with you. I know that you're the only boy who I could even think about loving. And I have heard that you feel the same. I'm sorry I hurt you when I was the one person you thought never would. I'm sorry that when you begged me, "Please, don't" that I hardly even responded and did anyways. Stupid girl. Stupid. How was I to know exactly what you are to me and what you mean? You are everything in nothing. You are beauty in plainness. You are strength in weakness. And you can't see it, but I can see it so damn clearly that it is astonishing that you don't. I promise, I could never hurt you again. I know too much and nothing at all. I will make this work. I have to. I know that you will reach out, but the question is when? We don't have much time. When I'm gone, there will be no chance at all. I will not wonder about you when I'm gone if you aren't mine by the time I go. I can't. It's not fair to myself or to you. So I have to let you go. Or grab hold of you. I know which is easiest. I know which one I want. And I know which one is painful and absolutely impossible to endure. You don't make it very easy, but that's okay. I still love you for all you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment