Wednesday, October 17, 2012

This Could Be The End

I tried to forget you, (truly, I did, my dear), but you grew like weeds around my soul, entwining with my veins and invading my dreams. Like a parasite you latched onto me and sucked away at everything I once was.

Stripped to the waist, we fall into the river. Cover your eyes so you don't know the secret I've been trying to hide. We held our breath to see our names are written on the wreck on '86. That was the year I knew the panic was over. Since we found out anything could happen.
After the war, we said we'd fight together; I guess we thought that's just what humans do. Letting darkness grow, as if we need its palette and we need its color. But now I've seen it through and now I know the truth.
I'll give you everything you need, but I don't think I need you.

No comments:

Post a Comment