Saturday, January 19, 2013

But Now I Have Finally Seen The Light

I heard this song and looked up the lyrics because of the title of "I Wish I Never Met You." I thought, "I can probably relate." And I am so fucking proud to say that I can't. Does that mean that I'm over him, over the past four years? I think so. High five for getting over someone you would've died for!
~"And now I have finally seen the end, and I was expecting you to care. And I have finally seen the light, and I have finally realized I need to love."~

They say it's insane when you think somebody's gonna change when they won't. I'm getting tired of this recital. Is it really worth fighting for? Young lovers seem carefree, but these bags have gotten heavy again. I think it's time to break the pattern. Blame it on me, turn aside. A lonely road to nowhere, that's all we are. Contempt is in silence. You often were violence to me. You had me feeling like a crackhead; I squeeze you out just like a blackhead. Nobody's gonna save you and I know better than to blame you alone. I lay there and take the lashes, but now I leave you with the ashes. And now the flames just a flicker, down to the wick. Who's gonna kill it? It burns until you snap it out. I wanna rub you out. But love's gonna trick you and fuck with your ticker. Take you down like a brick that's tied to you, pulling you down, watching me drown.
I wish I never met you; you've done me so wrong. I wish I could forget you. It's been way too long: 16 hours and 4 long years. Been trying to wipe these memories and dry these tears. I wish I never met you; that's how much I regret you.

No comments:

Post a Comment