Saturday, September 29, 2012

Fifth Time's The Charm?

I felt weird waking up today, almost as if you were back in my life or something silly like that. Which I guess you are going to be because I'm going to be around a lot more. Fate? I don't know. But someone's answering my pleas. She called and said that you really wanted to go. That is so unlike you that I found myself smiling from ear to ear. I realized how much I've missed you.
Yesterday I went over to tutor your brother and I had no idea that you'd be there. Of course you would. It's my little friend, Tia, pushing us together. So you did what you always did whenever I came over. You were sitting watching TV and knew we were there. When we were close enough, you turned your head just a little and got that same smile on your face. You jumped up, still smiling adorably, and hugged me. Let me tell you. Butterflies.
Then your mom told you to go upstairs, so you wouldn't distract him and you did after a while. But I don't think you wanted to. You came back after a while and sat right next to me. Your mom told you to go again. But you just looked at her. Your dad came. You were supposed to go to a movie with him. But when he said, "Let's go," you didn't move. I later found out that your mom spoke to him in your language. And that everyone could understand but me, who was trying to pay attention to fractions with you so close to me. She said, "I don't think he wants to go." And looked at me.
I've missed you. Now you can miss me. And I'll be back Monday. Fuck. I need time with you! I need you!!! No. I don't need any guy. But Tia's helping me out and it makes me so happy. Now you can't forget about me. She's not making that possible.
"Things are looking up, finally. I thought I'd never see the day when you smiled at me. We always pull through when we try. I'm always wrong but you're never right. I'd never trade it in because I've always wanted this and it's not a dream anymore. It's worth fighting for. I could've given up so easily; I was a few cheap shots away from the end of me. I can believe we almost hung it up. We're just getting started!"

No comments:

Post a Comment