Wednesday, September 19, 2012

More Than A Memory

When you smile, I can taste you, baby. You don't even know. And my hearts skips a beat, darling, every time you go. When you walk into the room, I can't speak and I can't move. You don't see me, but you should. Why do you have to make it hurt so good? I don't even want to let you go. I'm afraid that you misunderstood. Every day is just a wish I could. All the girls on the block go knocking on your door. You just stare out the window. What are you waiting for? Is it too late or too soon?
~~~
Speak to me; you're walking too close and it's hard to breathe. I should be running but the heart's naive. And I'll expect too much; you were too good to me. I left a scar that no one else can see. And now you're back here and reminding me that I lost too much. And you know that night I almost said I love you and you almost said it back? Say my name because no one else can say it quite the same. It takes me back to those September days; I've missed you way too much. Wish I was good to you, but just to hear it breaks my heart in two. If there's a way to make it up to you, I want to change so much, you know I do. Stay with me, I really need to hear you breathe. If words can't speak, lay your body next to me. Are we gonna be more than a memory? No matter how late my apology? I let go of you, you let go of me. Are you gonna just stand in front of me, pretending I'm not your destiny? I'm not over you. Are you over me? Same old apology. I let go of you, you let go of me. Are we gonna be more than a memory?
~~~
From the very first time I saw your face, I knew I was satisfied. You were talking so sweet, I had to taste. I wish I never tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment