Monday, September 10, 2012

Unless It's You

"My good opinion, once lost, is lost forever."

Remember we'd be up all night, talking until the morning light? Like the way it used to be, those simple days, just you and me. I think, baby, I know what's on your mind. Because you look like you've got something to say. I may not say those words anymore, but maybe it just isn't my way. You ask me do I love you but do you remember why I walked on water for you? Do you remember my first steps on the moon? Have you ever wondered why I gave three wishes to you? You asked the question but the answer lies in you. Remember we used to laugh and say no one understood our way? And there were times when you would cry and come knocking on my door, and I was there to shelter your pain. I think, baby, you should get that off your mind, make it seem like a brighter day. I may not say those words anymore, but maybe I can make it my way.

Do you ever realize that everyone around you is constantly within their own mind and thinking a million secret thoughts and battling internal struggles, just like you? That you're not the only one who thinks these things and that the people around you aren't just faces meant to fill up your life but they're actually really deep people who have a lot more to them than you every actually even think about?

No comments:

Post a Comment